Old 11-05-2009, 12:44 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Garden Hose for transfer of K1 Oil ?

On May 10, 3:01*pm, "James" wrote:
I need to transfer K1 *kerosene from my delivery trailer to my tank *50 ft
away. * I have priced hoses made for fuels, and a 50 ft length is *$200-300.

Any reason why I cannot us a commercial grade, *3/4 inch hose like the one
shown in this link ? *This hose would be used ***only** *for this purpose,
and would be used no more than two times a year.

Any comments or advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

James

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...roduct_6970_20...

You could always try getting a sample piece of hose and soaking in
kerosine for a couple of days to see if it swells, dissolves or
degrades.