Old 11-05-2009, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gogo[_2_] gogo[_2_] is offline

Default Gardeners World - Blue Peter

On 2009-05-10 11:20:08 +0100, "BOFH" said:

"Alan" wrote in message

It make s a refreshing change from assuming that everyone still
communicates in Latin.

Sorry, I disagree with that point. The latin bits fine by me

It's essential if you want to be sure you're getting the plant you think
you want. After that you can call it 'Fred' if you want to.

Also, if English is not your mother tongue, it makes it easier to make
the connection between the English and French (in my case) common names.