Old 11-05-2009, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Gardeners World - Blue Peter

On 2009-05-11 12:27:10 +0100, Des Higgins said:

On May 10, 9:36*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
--
."Alan" wrote in message

In message , BOFH
wrote
When did I miss the news release about them becoming the same programme

?

It make s a refreshing change from assuming that everyone still
communicates in Latin. Even the so called gardening experts cannot agre

what plants are called in a language that 99.999% of the British public
cannot understand.

The programme truly reflects the poor regard that the *professionals

in
the gardening industry have for the general pubic.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Alan I have to agree with you on that one and it has 'annoyed' me for yea

rs
how they show off that they know the Latin name for even a common plant.

Daisy is a Daisy

No it isn't. There are literally dozens of plants that get called
Daisy. Daisy means very little.
With best possible wishes

Des

Well, I love Bellis perennis but I'm deeply enamoured of Erigeron
karvinskianus, too. And as for Argyranthemums........ ;-)))
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon