Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] tombates@city-net.com is offline

Default Onion Set Question

I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and plant little onions in the spring. I was
wondering if you could plant them in late summer (August), and at
least get the small green onion tops until probably December. The
problem is that onion sets are sold only until about the end of May,
and I have tried to keep them in the basement until August,but with no
luck. Could I freeze them or is there something I could put them in so
they do not sprout?

Thanks

Tom