Old 11-05-2009, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Clematis - part 2

On 2009-05-11 22:14:06 +0100, K said:

Charlie Pridham writes
Bob, how big was the root system you planted, if this was small then
plants can take an age to establish, as a general rule anyone buying a
clematis plant of less than 2lt root ball size should grow it on in a
container until its made more root before planting out.

How big is 2l in terms of diameter of pot?

It's too dark to go out and measure it now, Kay but the ones we use
have 1l, 2l, 3l etc. stamped on the bottom if that's any help with what
you've got. I'll measure them tomorrow. I've never understood myself
why it is that the industry goes from 7cm to 9cm to litres!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon