Old 12-05-2009, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Queer Barney Frank {or is it Barney Fife?} Wants to legalize online gambling and marijuana

And I find it crushing that black people (as a group) are extremely homophobic and
are believed to have been the voting block that got thru the California anti-gay
marriage referendum. But then again, they perversely dislike Jewish people who have
more than any other group supported their civil rights.

I remember as a grad student (1970's) I had gone to the another lab in a different
department to do an experiment and found a big poster of a large breasted woman in a
wet T shirt plastered to the front of the refrigerator. When I got back to my office
I complained to my fellow grad students about how sexist that was and all 3 said I
was being silly and were completely unsympathetic. I was totally shocked and told
them so, pointing to one at a time and saying "you are Jewish and should know better,
just wait until I tell your wife", you are gay and how can you ignore any kind of
discrimination against others" and "you are so short people are always making jokes
and you know you will be discriminated against", "so how can any of you NOT be
sensitive to discrimination against women?"

sheesh

Ingrid

On Mon, 11 May 2009 11:17:12 -0700, Billy wrote:
"Milk" is a civil rights movie about a group of people who resented
their lack of "civil rights": fired from jobs, denial of housing,
beatings at the hands of the police, and murdered for who they were. As
with African-Americans, these "rights" had to be demanded from the
American political structure.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago