Old 12-05-2009, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Wants to legalize online gambling and marijuana

There is this misconception that agony or mental illness is the mother of invention
or creativity or "drive". Would Van Gogh ever been a painter if he hadnt suffered
mental illness? Van Gogh did not paint during his spells of mental or physical
illness. Well my FIL and MIL are both fabulous artists and he was happy and mentally
balanced and PRODUCTIVE for his entire life. She was depressed and unproductive
until treatment which unleashed her productivity and she is still going strong at
80+.

There is nothing 'romantic' about suffering with mental or physical illness.

The point is to fix the genetic problem, not simply flush the egg. I am sure a well
and healthy Steven Hawkins would be much productive over a much longer life span. Not
that they know what causes LG yet much less fix it.

Ingrid

On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:32:27 -0400, Bill wrote:
Scares me as who decides the military or some corporation with the
good of mankind on the agenda ? I believe our best attributes can come
from duress . Got pain fix it or try . I consider this as medicated
leprosy. AKA Death.

Bill who wonders if Steven Hawkins would make the cut.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago