Old 12-05-2009, 01:29 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Default Garden Hose for transfer of K1 Oil ?

A couple thoughts come to mind. First, you don't want to
collapse the hose, and cut off your siphon action. I'd
suggest to build a tube out of PVC, and a couple elbows on
top, so that the garden hose doesn't have to go around a
corner. So the hose doesn't collapse flat. Make a "shephards
crook". You can adapt PVC to pipe thread with plastic
adaptors, and then to garden hose thread. Stick the crook /
cane tube into your tank. Use a shop vac or something
similar to start the siphon action.

I don't really know for sure. But maybe you can use a shop
vac to blow some air through the garden hose. Dry it out
when you're done. So the kerosene isn't in there, softening
the rubber in betweeen times.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"James" wrote in message
net...
75 gallons, twice a year. Can't drive a car down the
mountain side to the
tank. Can get within 50 feet.

I thank everyone for their comments. I plan to try the
garden hose, and
monitor its condition from year to year, and always monitor
when I am
pumping , to assure there are no leaks, etc. I am in a
remote place in the
mountains, and most inspectors could not find their way home
if they ever
got to this place. Hee hee

Thanks again everyone.

james