Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default favourite evergreens

On 2009-05-11 22:13:08 +0100, nicola said:

Hello.This is my first post and I am a complete beginner to gardening.
We have recently put up around 100 feet of 6 foot high (left natural)
fencing and I would like to plant large evergreens and or small trees
along it to break it up a bit. I was wondering what evergreens are
people's favourites and why!

Quite a bit depends on where you live. Escallonias are popular down
here in the south west and they attract bees which is a good thing,
given that bees are in rapid decline. Olearia is lovely, Eleagnus
ebbingei has a wonderful scent late summer/autumn. Eucalyptus can be
kept at a lower height and look graceful and have pretty leaves,
Cordylines are popular here, too.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials