Old 12-05-2009, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default favourite evergreens

Hello.This is my first post and I am a complete beginner to gardening.
We have recently put up around 100 feet of 6 foot high (left natural)
fencing and I would like to plant large evergreens and or small trees
along it to break it up a bit. I was wondering what evergreens are
people's favourites and why!

--
nicola

I am a fan of Hollies in all their many shapes sizes and colours, with or
without prickles!
Euonymous can also be lovely in their variegated leaf forms
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall

How about Garrya the silk tassel bush, they are spectacular when they are
big, then there is the Leycesteria Pheasant Berry, that is a very pretty
shrub that can be left to grow big or cut back , mine don't seem to mind
what I do with them.
Then there is the Photonia Red Robin beautiful and the Mahonia another
goodie not forgetting the Conifer Goldcrest, cheap and it glows on a dull
day :-) so many to choose from

kate