Old 12-05-2009, 03:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Wal mart cutting back on seeds.

On May 11, 12:33*pm, "Mike" wrote:
I ran out of *“little brandywine hybrid” tomato seeds from a packet that I
bought last year.
It only had 60mg of seeds and found that Wal mart no longer stocks them.
In fact they have seriously cut back on all their variety of vegetable and
ornamental seeds.

This seems odd since according to the scum media vegetable gardening is
suppose to be getting more popular. Luckily I found regular brandywine seeds
at home depot.

I have had seeds from ChinaMart that did not grow at all, and an
Amarylis bulb that never got anything but leaves. I was there
returning an item and the man ahead of me was there with empty seed
packets looking for his $$ back. The cashiers were laughing about him
and I told them I would never buy seeds there again, and why.
It is very frustrating to take the time and trouble to plant seeds and
find out the hard way they were not viable.
I've said all that to say, Maybe it's because the seeds were lousy to
begin with. And I'll say I have had good luck with other already
growing items from there. But no more seeds ever.
Nan in DE