Old 12-05-2009, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default flame guns

On Tue, 12 May 2009 18:30:00 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote:

Paraffin isn't cheap, but the flamegun is cheaper than weedkiller.

Not cheap from a garden center but talk nicely to some one with oil
heating. Last lot I bought was 28.4p/l + 5% VAT. That was February mind,
so it's probably a few pence more now. But all the same a couple of quid
or pint down the pub should get you 5l...

As for a flame guns excellent devices and very effective, use as Janet
says and you won't go far wrong. Being too impatient after lighting the
meths(*) to warm the burner to get the fuel vaporised is the common
mistake leading to jets of burning liquid paraffin.

(*) I assume it uses meths It'll need some preheating no matter, just give
it plenty of time to get hot before trying to light it.

--
Cheers
Dave.