Old 14-04-2003, 05:56 PM
MAG

Default The ivy is GONE. Thanks for your help

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:13:07 -0400, MAG
wrote:

The next phase involves my back yard. I've got ivy spilling in from
neighbors over there. I'm just going to "Hedge Hog" the stuff, then
spray it with Round up and see what that does. Hopefully that will knock
it back a bit.

FYI: Round up is systemic killer. If you treat a plant that has the
same root system as your neighbors plants, you may kill those too.
That might or might not be what you want to do.

BOb

Bob-
Thanks.
Actually, this is EXACTLY what I'd like to do. The neighbors back there
are townhome renters, and the owners have allowed the vicious ivy to
just about kill some trees, which I worry will topple one day onto my
house. I'm taking measures through my town to deal with them, hopefully
forcing the owners to remove those dying trees or rescue them if
feasible.

In the meantime, killing off some ivy is fine by me. Nobody will care...

:-)

Marc