Old 13-05-2009, 01:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline

Default Mantis

"Wendy7" wrote in message

Oh oh! Is this in your garden Pat? Did you know they are the Humming birds
#1predator.

Yeah. A large mantis can take down a hummer. And they're just about the
ONLY predator for adult hummers (I'm not counting nest raiders like crows or
jays, etc.). This one is not in my garden but at the Fullerton Arboretum.
And it was pretty big - maybe 2-3/4" or 3" long - but I don't think that's
big enough to do the deed.
--
Pat