Old 13-05-2009, 12:49 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Kansas Kansas is offline

Default Garden Hose for transfer of K1 Oil ?

I have been following this thread and would like to wade in.
I had been working with equipment proffesionally installed, with rubber
hoses approved for the fluid in use, when after the years the hoses broke
down shedding pieces. In this case the chunks destroyed about a million
dolars of calibration equipment. Amazin how hard it is to find about a
hundred small rubber chunks in a room size machine.
I would suggest checking the hose before and after use, and soaking then
scraping some small section to make sure than it is still sound.
So do you have a mechanical filter in place in the line? I will assume a jet
clog of other clog will not be trivial to fix.
"James" wrote in message
I need to transfer K1 kerosene from my delivery trailer to my tank 50 ft
away. I have priced hoses made for fuels, and a 50 ft length is
$200-300.

Any reason why I cannot us a commercial grade, 3/4 inch hose like the one
shown in this link ? This hose would be used **only** for this purpose,
and would be used no more than two times a year.

Any comments or advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

James

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...8424_200218424