Old 13-05-2009, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default favourite evergreens

Ah you guys are great!! I already have photinia and Mahonia and love
them!! I am going to google the recommendations made by others. If it
helps I live in Islandmagee in N.Ireland. It is along the north east
coast. Thanks for having patience with a complete novice. Your
suggestions are so helpful!!

Could you grow Fuchsia hedges there, or is it too icy in winter?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Sacha is right Fuchsia hedges are amazing and pretty tough, my Riccartonii
is in a very exposed position and has come thro the winter.

kate