Old 13-05-2009, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default could someone name these, please?

In message , lid
writes
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv14/pousser/5.jpg
Small leaf, very compact.

My first thought was privet, but your description doesn't agree. Maybe
privet honeysuckle (Lonicera pileata).

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv14/pousser/1.jpg
These seem to be multiplying. Leaf starts out green, quite quickly
becomes variegated and I think ends up with a little white pointed
flower. Invasive?

I agree with the identification as Houttuynia.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv14/pousser/2.jpg
?

I'm not trained up in the differences between Convallaria and
Polygonatum, but Polygonatum multiflorum, Solomon's seal as suggested
elsethread seems a sensible suggestion.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv14/pousser/3.jpg
?

Looks like a willow-herb (Epilobium), but I'm not completely sure.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv14/pousser/4.jpg
These look like the beginnings of gladioli. There were just a few
isolated ones in the garden last year so I'm wondering how such a
tightly clustered bunch will fare. Will these all flower or will they
die in the crush? Or are they not gladioli?

Possibly montbretia (Crocosmia x crocosmiflora); monbretia do develop
into dense clumps.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv14/pousser/6.jpg
A lot of patches of this on old walls. Tiny little flower.

Ivy-leaved toadflax aka Kenilworth ivy (Cymbalaria muralis)

- thanks for any help...

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley