Old 13-05-2009, 05:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Wal mart cutting back on seeds.

On May 13, 12:33*pm, phorbin wrote:
In article ,
says...

I have this theory that Wal-Mart sells the rejects from companies. *Seems
like you can buy a brand-name item at a different store and it will work
fine, but if you buy the exact same item at Wal-Mart, it doesn't work.
There have been times I have bought small, inexpensive things such as
clocks, thermometers, and lamps, only to bring them home and discover they
don't work AT ALL. *The only thing I can suspect is that the manufacturers
have batches of things that are damaged or defective in some way, and they
sell them to WM.

If the manufacturers want to sell through Walmart, they have to meet the
price Walmart will pay them. Walmart is big enough to call the tune and
demand that the piper play without proper pay.That means cutting corners
and reducing quality.

*IMO a brand name product sold through Walmart should be sold with a
"Walmart grade" label on it to indicate that it is a lowered quality
item.

What are the dates on the seed packets?

I always check seed dates, so I know the ChinaMart seeds were current
and fresh to me(not last years or any other weird thing).
Nan