Old 13-05-2009, 06:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mike Mike is offline

Default Wal mart cutting back on seeds.

"nanzi" wrote in message
On May 13, 12:33 pm, phorbin wrote:
In article ,
says...

IMO a brand name product sold through Walmart should be sold with a
"Walmart grade" label on it to indicate that it is a lowered quality
item.

What are the dates on the seed packets?

I always check seed dates, so I know the ChinaMart seeds were current
and fresh to me(not last years or any other weird thing).
Nan

I had fair luck growing with wal mart Burpee brand seeds, it's just this
year, here in so-cal they reduced
the number of different types in the display panel. There is no more 10 cent
seed packets.

Luckily I was able to determine from last years seed supply which peas grow
well here.
Maestro for shelled and Oregon giant for the sweet variety.