Old 13-05-2009, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default flame guns

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message et
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

On Wed, 13 May 2009 13:42:50 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote:

Heating oil is kerosene ; have you actually used that in a Sheengun?

Broadly speaking:

Domestic heating oil = kerosene = paraffin = Jet A1 = a "28 sec" oil.

Road Diesel = White Diesel = Red Diesel = Gas Oil = a "35 sec" oil.

Thanks. John has just said the same; I'd never heard of sec oil and
asked him what it is; he got that strange "women are from Venus"
look in his eye, again.

I don't have a sheen gun but would run it on 28 sec heating oil without a
second throught.

I'm going to, now I know I won't accidentally blow up Hunterston B.

Janet.

Janet,

28 sec refers to the viscosity of the liquid. It is the time taken for a
given volume to run through a standard size hole at a specific temperature.
How this help you get a little nearer the Martians!

Bob