Old 14-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Setzler

Default snails

You can use beer traps, diatomaceous earth, salt, or Sluggo, or Escar go. the
last 2 are "natural" and harmless to soil or any other critters. Beer in little
saucers, or jar lids will drown quite a few

susan

Norma Briggs wrote:

I have a horrible snail problem, they munched up all the leaves on several
marigolds over night...all that is left is the stems. I read that you can put
out a bowl of beer as bait. Does this work? Drives me nuts to do this much
work to have snails eat my goods after so much work nurturing from seeds. I am
trying not to use the Bug B Gone, or other toxic stuff in my yard or it would
be an easy solution. Other suggestions? I don't want them getting in to my
tomatoes and basil, or anything else for that matter.
---