Old 14-05-2009, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default onions and leeks question

In article ,
Ed ex@directory wrote:

On 13/05/09 13:15, Therefore wrote:
I have lost the labels from both onion and leek seedlings
which are about 6" high.

Is there any way that I differentiate between them at this stage

TIA .............................. Leslie

Why do you need to differentiate them?

Just plant each tray/pot load in a separate row.

As they grow, the onions will develop tubular hollow leafs whilst the
leeks will develop flat leaves.

Ed

Leeks aren't to be planted until they are about the diameter of a No.2
school pencil, and then they are placed in a trench which is slowly
filled in to give the blanched portion of the leek.
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4