Old 13-05-2009, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bob[_1_] bob[_1_] is offline

Default could someone name these, please?

On Wed, 13 May 2009 21:02:01 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

Unless I've gotten confused, I don't think that you have Vinca minor
alba; there have been three or four identifications of your first
photograph as Lonicera (pileata or nitida). Vinca minor alba has a
creeping habit, while your photograph appears to show a stiff-branched
plant. (If you paid £7.99 for pots how is it that you need
identifications?)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Apologies - I think a couple of threads got fuddled.

In a separate thread where I sought out some ideas for new planting, I
mentioned to Sacha that I'd purchased and planted a pot of vinca
minor. Of course, that doesn't need any ID.

In this thread, vinca was one of the suggestions amongst others -
mainly lonicera - for pic5 but when Sacha advised being wary of the
vinca, and I said I was inclined to get rid of that too, it was the
known vinca I was referring to, not the plant in pic5.