Old 13-05-2009, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default could someone name these, please?

On 2009-05-13 20:26:23 +0100, bob said:

On 2009-05-13 16:49:05 +0100, bob said:

On Wed, 13 May 2009 13:03:51 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv14/pousser/1.jpg
Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon' highly invasive irradicate while you still
can

This really alarmed me so I've done as you suggested. It appears to
grow like lily of the valley on an array of connective spaghetti. *I
did my best to pull the network out but I know there must be quite a
bit left probably round roots of neighbouring shrubs etc.

I suppose it could re-appear but, if re-attacked, with a diminished
presence each spring?

Unless you really hate it, just keep it under control. *Watch that
Vinca, though....... *;-))

You know what? *I'm going to remove the vinca as well. *That's 2 pots
@ £7.99 down the drain. * A lesson learnt.

I don't think you need to remove it. *I'm a bit worried you're on a
slash and burn mission. *;-)) *Just keep an eye on it. *Someone/s
planted various types all over this garden and it's gone mad over very
many years but we do keep it hacked back and yank it out in handfuls. *
But here's we're talking of a large garden that's 150 years old and
we're not actually buried in the stuff yet! * I wouldn't be without it.
*Vinca flore plena and Vinca oxyloba, for example, are just lovely. *
Simply pull out any you don't want and keep it where you do want it. *
But I'm still gasping at nearly £8 for pots of Vinca - but that's
another matter! *At that price, treat it like a precious orchid and
cherish it - don't get shot of it, really.
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Precious orchid? I had one, identified on this group for my birthday
in February, it's still going strong but I am anxious to keep it
going, shall I start another thread?

Judith