Old 14-05-2009, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default could someone name these, please?

On 2009-05-14 09:06:46 +0100, K said:

Judith in France writes
I have had Cotoneaster but I don't rate it as one of my favourites.

There's several Cotoneaster species.

When you look at their characteristics - easy to grow, flowers in
spring in abundance, followed by equally abundant berries, it seems a
bit unfair not to like it. Maybe it's because it's all too easy for a
tiny C horizontalis to turn your entire garden into a monoculture?

There's one growing on the roadside near Dartington Cider Press which
is grown as a weeping standard. It really is a little joy to see ini
autumn when it's covered in red berries. It's a lovely way to grow
them and I can't think why it's not done more often. I have no idea
which variety that one is, though.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials