Old 14-05-2009, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default could someone name these, please?

On 2009-05-13 22:55:34 +0100, "Angela" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
| On 2009-05-13 19:55:48 +0100, "Angela" said:
|
| First one looks like Lonicera pileata which is great for hedging, it's
like
| Box but much quicker growing. No idea of the second and the third is
| definitely Solomon's Seal (just paid £10 for one!!)
|
| I'm going to get over my faint at those prices and ask if anyone can
| help me with a query about Solomon's Seal. I'm used to seeing it grow
| here to around 2' to 3' in length but I clearly remember seeing it in a
| Jersey garden with longer stems. I mean probably 4' minimum. I used
| to cutit to use in great big pedestal arrangements in church and it was
| a stunning sight. There seems to be some dispute/discussion as to
| whether these are all the same plant. Can anyone here enlighten me as
| to the differences, if there are any? Or is it all down to conditions
| and habitat?
| --
| --
| Sacha
| www.hillhousenursery.com
| Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
| South Devon

Mine is big, just went out and measured it - 89cm (35 inches). Label says
Height 1.2m. The label says it's Polygonatum x hybridum. I Googles and
there is another called Polygonatum commutatum which is 2-3ft, and
Polygonatum multiflorum at 3ft, so maybe there are different types

Could be, though I've read elsewhere on Google that some claim that
they're all the same.