Old 14-05-2009, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default could someone name these, please?

In message , K
writes
Judith in France writes
I have had Cotoneaster but I don't rate it as one of my favourites.

There's several Cotoneaster species.

More like several hundred Cotoneaster species. (Like several other
rosaceous genera, e.g. Rubus, Rosa, Sorbus, Crataegus, defining species
in Cotoneaster is a fraught task - Wikipedia says between 70 and 300
species.)

When you look at their characteristics - easy to grow, flowers in
spring in abundance, followed by equally abundant berries, it seems a
bit unfair not to like it. Maybe it's because it's all too easy for a
tiny C horizontalis to turn your entire garden into a monoculture?

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley