Old 14-05-2009, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Plum Plum is offline

Default Raised bed soil change

Check out your local council's green bin depot. Ours lets us have unlimited
compost free if we take bags and help ourselves. Very handy for filling a
large space like a raised bed. The farmers are also good for free horse
manure if you collect it.

"Rock Creations" wrote in
message ...

I have just rendered my wifes raised flower beds with random stone
effect render and formed stone copings, you really can't tell the
difference from real stone, the flexcement material I use is amazing.
Anyway my question is as the top soil is not very deep and is not of
brilliant quality, do I just add top soil on the surface or will all
the bulbs and shrubs all have to be replanted in better quality soil.

--
Rock Creations