Old 14-05-2009, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Wal mart cutting back on seeds.

"The Ranger" wrote in message .

"But that's all that's available to me" is usually the follow-up whine.
If the OP buys junk, especially CHEAP junk, you shouldn't expect much
beyond CHEAP or JUNK.

I am learning this too. My habit has been to get the unusual heirloom seeds
from organic earth-friendly companies online, and the "basics" from local
department stores. Now it is getting to the point where I think I may as
well shell out a couple extra bucks to get the basics of peas, corn,
carrots, herbs, etc. from the same companies from which I buy the more
exotic seeds. It costs me more, but I am helping the right people with my
money, and might have better results in the long run too.
--S.