Old 14-05-2009, 07:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lilah Morgan[_2_] Lilah Morgan[_2_] is offline

Default Wal mart cutting back on seeds.

I also bought a couple seed packets at Home Depot this year because they
were on sale for half off. I found out this year that the best places to buy
seeds here(for the variety they offer, aka lots of heirlooms) are the 2
local feed/garden stores. Though now that we're getting very close to
summer, I'm buying plants now, bought 2 strawberries which were berry-laden
already($1 each), 5 tomatoes(65cents each), 6 pack of Red Sails
lettuce($2.29), 1 Hungarian Hot Wax pepper and 1 bell pepper($1.50each), and
6 broccolis($3). Was also happy to see that 15 of the Walla Wallas I planted
last year(I got a bunch of 50 for $2.50 at local nursery) are very happy
right now. :-) The bargains are there, just gotta find them. Oh also got a
6pack of celery for...don't remember, but I know for sure it was under $5.
Might have been $2.49. *can't wait for the weather to be decent so I can get
these plants outside instead of in my bedroom*

"Mike" wrote in message
I ran out of "little brandywine hybrid" tomato seeds from a packet that I
bought last year.
It only had 60mg of seeds and found that Wal mart no longer stocks them.
In fact they have seriously cut back on all their variety of vegetable and
ornamental seeds.

This seems odd since according to the scum media vegetable gardening is
suppose to be getting more popular. Luckily I found regular brandywine

seeds
at home depot.