Old 15-05-2009, 11:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Tree identification help needed

scorpster said:

I took some more photos including a close-up of the leaves and the trunk
after we had it trimmed. Maybe this will help to identify?

http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/unknowntree03.JPG
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/unknowntree04.JPG
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/unknowntree05.JPG
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/unknowntree06.JPG
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/unknowntree07.JPG

I agreed with David Ross' ID of some sort of Ficus, based on the original
pictures, and I still think it's a Ficus, though I can't be sure of the species.
(Ornamental Ficus are indoor plants only, where I live.)

Maybe Ficus microcarpa?

Here's an article on ornamental Ficus (as landcape plants):
http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1786/

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored