Old 15-05-2009, 03:34 PM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Urgh! European wasps in my garden!

On Fri, 15 May 2009 15:43:09 +1000, atec 7 7 wrote:

terryc wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2009 05:41:55 +1000, atec 7 7 wrote:

Leaving a poisoned sweet food will kill much more than wasps which
is
a real quandary so atm no ideas

Unless you have the proper bait, then you are far better to just trp
the foragers. Helps cut down on food supply and health of the
hive.hopefully the winter will kill them off.

I was under the impression in a cold winter they all most all die yet
this is not happening,

There is cold and cold.

a bowl of sugar and honey will attract them and
I am told there are poisons to suit BUT this will kill all the insects
that partake ...

That is why you have a trap.
Take a soft drink bottle, cut top funnel shape off, invert and fasten
inside. bugs can walk down funnel into bottle and fall/fly off inside.
not too man bugs can walk the zigzag to get back out.
Put sugar water in bottom.

--
Once again, our prime minister Kevin Rudd brings stability to the nation
by reassurring the nation that one law still exists for the rich