Old 15-05-2009, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default urg FAQs

On Fri, 15 May 2009 Sacha wrote:

Has anyone noticed that most of the missing FAQs are now back on the
urg web site?

Well done, David! Lots of hard work and hours of 'fun' - thank you for
taking on the task of restoring a valuable resource.

To all urglers, I would like to say that Cormaic told me he would be
extremely happy to have someone else take this over. I asked one or a
few people who might have been able to do it and David stepped up and
offered his time, expertise and skills.

Rather more accurately, I was prevailed upon!

Another urgler also offered help and may wish for now to remain
nameless but it seems to me that urg is extremely lucky - as are other
gardeners who read this group - to see the FAQs back in action. I
think urg owes David a big thank you.

Umm, well, Martin has a point. They *are* out of date so I expect Martin
will help in remedying this.

Nevertheless there was much useful information that was worth salvaging.
There are lots of dead links. I have renewed some where I could find an
updated link.

But maybe people would like to renew some of the FAQs completely. After
all, it was always something which the membership of this group
contributed to and was a way of making their experience more permanent
while avoiding unnecessary repetition of the same questions time after
time.

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk