Old 16-05-2009, 04:50 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Hedda Lettis Hedda Lettis is offline

Default peeking over the fence...

"brooklyn1" wrote in message
And I know very well what 4 1/2 acres is, my back yard is 5 acres of lawn,
takes a good part of two days to mow, I'd hate to think how much work it
would be to tend to it in crops, would take like six families of illegals.
Yesterday for the first time this season it dried out enough that I was
able to mow my 4 acre back field for the first time, used to be a hay
field and it was already in seed, that takes a full day's labor every week
just to mow and keep the forest from growing back.

Why do you keep such a large area in grass and not allow trees to grow back?
A forest will support a lot more life than grass.