Old 16-05-2009, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default 650 ml Jim Beam bottles useless

Billy wrote in

t.au:

Remember to eyeball and sniff the bottles for cleanliness. If
there is any crud in them be sure to wash them out. If (or when)
they are clean, soak in chlorinated water (you can smell the
chlorine or 65ml/5 gal. bucket [ 19L]) for twenty minutes
(for any junkies out there, this works on needles too, 'cept to
keep it simple, just soak in straight bleach for the twenty
minutes, then rinse with sterile water [D.I. water]and the
needle is sterile. I'm not advocating I just don't want anyone
to get sick.). Rinse with clean tap water (remove any screens on
faucets). Use bottles as soon as you like.

we use an oxygen bleach. it's easier on the clothes/skin of the
bottle washer. i dunno if it works on needles because i toss needles
after one use. they cost about 18 cents each & i really really hate
sticking an animal with a dull needle (and they're not so sharp the
2nd use. i used to work for a place that was so cheap they reused
needles until they wouldn't go through the skin. you could *tell* it
was hurting the animals!)
we rinse with sanitizer & store upside down if not using
immediately.
lee