Old 16-05-2009, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default urg FAQs

On 2009-05-15 17:14:57 +0100, Martin said:

On Fri, 15 May 2009 17:08:54 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2009 Martin wrote:

Has anyone noticed that most of the missing FAQs are now back on the urg
web site?

urg website?

http://www.u-r-g.co.uk

Thanks. It looks a bit out of date.

It's mentioned in the abc each week.

Maybe I should read abc more often )

No, it's not out of date, it's the original FAQ - and does gardening
knowledge ever go out of date? - it's because it's been inaccessible
for a long time. David has spent hours bringing it back to us all for
our benefit.

OK. From David's opening question I wouldn't have guessed.

Since I had not seen it before, I had no way of judging the changes.

Maybe time to delete stuff about get togethers that were held a decade ago?

The part about organic gardening should mention that the EU standards
were drawn
up by commercial organic gardeners so it's not surprising HDRA complies with
them.

Don't know about deleting the meets - personally, I think they're fun
to look back on. But that's not really the focal point of what David
has done which is bringing the FAQs back to availability. Perhaps you
can write a FAQ about EU legislation that affects gardening?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon