Old 16-05-2009, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default How much to pay for someone to mow my lawn?

On Sat, 16 May 2009 03:02:23 -0700 (PDT)
moghouse wrote:

On May 16, 10:58Â*am, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

Here in S. Devon it's about £13 per hour, using his own equipment and
having to move lawn furniture, too!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

£10 per hour in Gloucestershire, whatever happened to Scouts and Bob-a-job ?

Oh what nice young men! Will you really mow my lawns for 5p?

Bob was fired. In 1971 I think, and they hired Ten-Pee instead. Then
we had inflation.

In the mean time all the Boy Scouts (who understood lawnmowers at the
time, but now probably don't as you can't play video games on them)
decided to become Hoodies instead, and the Scouts was taken over by
Girls (who didn't understand lawnmowers at the time, but probably do
now in this enlightened era of equality).

I think they scrapped Bob-a-job week too.

R.