Old 16-05-2009, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How much to pay for someone to mow my lawn?

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:

Bob a job was scrapped ages ago because of abuse. Not sexual abuse but abuse
of the title 'Bob a Job', Scouts and Cubs were doing quite arduous jobs,
like mowing lawns and taking the morning to do it, and being given 'A bob'.

That's a little economical with the truth. Yes, there was such abuse,
and it was getting out of hand, but the opponents of the scheme blocked
any serious consideration of methods to control the abuse. Whether any
would have worked, I don't know, but they weren't even tried.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.