Old 16-05-2009, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default How much to pay for someone to mow my lawn?

"Jonathan Campbell" wrote ...
Now, I wish somebody would write a manual on how to grow carrots --- or
even to get more than 1% of the seeds to germinate

Find some non F1 seed and grow up and let some of it seed (2 years) and use
that fresh unpolished seed when you will find almost 100% germination even
if you keep it somewhere cool for a few years.
I am convinced it's the polishing of the seed that causes a problem, if you
have never seen fresh carrot seed it's got burrs on it and sticks on
clothing.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden