Old 16-05-2009, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default urg FAQs

On Sat, 16 May 2009 K wrote:

But maybe people would like to renew some of the FAQs completely.
After all, it was always something which the membership of this group
contributed to and was a way of making their experience more permanent
while avoiding unnecessary repetition of the same questions time after time.

It never worked, though ;-) We were still besieged by people wanting us
to sit down and pen instant answers because they were unwilling to do
an elementary search.

But perhaps they didn't know about the FAQs and had never read the abc.
And it would be a simple thing to give them a URL in reply - it would
make it simpler and us seem more friendly. And it's even easier to
remember now that Cormaic has registered the urg domain.

For instance:

http://www.u-r-g.co.uk/urgfaqs.htm

is easy enough to type in.

We need to remember that, just as many readers here are novices to
gardening, so they may be to computers and the Internet. And if they're
not we should give them the benefit of the doubt. And they all work now.

At least, I would.

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk