Old 14-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Mike

Default Cutting Leylandi

In article , Charlie
writes

"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

How many do you have? £1000 implies an awful lot of man hours for the
professionals.

A few yrs ago I had 6 45 ft ones taken out and roots ground out for £400

About 15 I'd guess, all closely packed together. £400 is still alot of
money!

Charlie.

Your biggest problem after cutting them down, or trimming them down to
height, is getting rid of the bits and pieces.

We have just 2 as specimen trees which of course need trimming. We did
have a shredder but it wore itself out, so everything goes up the dump
now.

We did have bonfires but the garden is tooooooooooooooo neat and tidy
for that.

'IF' your garden is big enough, ladder and Loppers/saw and then either
shred or bonfire it a week at a time. Bit by bit. Not all at once.

Unless,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
you want to pay a pro to get rid of it/them :-))

Mike
Been there, got the tee shirt :-((

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more