Old 14-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Simon Avery

Default Bluebells on the lawn

"Fred" wrote:

Hello Fred

F We had some flower beds lawned over a while back but it
F looks like they didn't go deep enough in clearing what was
F there before.... we now have plants growing all over it
F (they possibly ended up spreading them around!). Digging
F down finds whitish/yellow bulbs about 9-12 inches below the
F surface... I have a feeling these are bluebells. It would be
F and immense job to try and dig them all out and would leave
F the lawn in a right mess.

So don't bother. Just mow normally every week and they'll give up
trying to live.

Alternatively, I imagine any broadleaf-targetting herbicide as usually
marketed for lawns would do the trick. (Runs off narrow leaves like
grass, stays on and affects larger leaves)