Old 16-05-2009, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default impossible, oh surely not?

Sacha writes

Sacha writes

Sacha writes
On 2009-05-15 11:29:01 +0100, K said:

Sacha writes
All will need *some* watering if it can be arranged with a
neighbour in their absence but on the whole, they cope pretty
well conditions - total drought would push anything to its
extreme! And all joking aside - would your beloved cacti work there, Kay?
They'd work in the summer, but would only survive the winter if
kept completely dry.
It sounds as if the bed they're wanted for would see to that!
They don't want to be rained on either if the weather is cold.
People do grow some species out of doors, but with a roof over
Is cold rain a problem in the Dordogne on a regular and sustained
basis?

I haven't a clue, but damp soil at a temperature of below 5deg C is
a problem, and I'd guess that is a possibility in the Dordogne.

Winters can be cold but it's a large départément so it probably depends
on the exact locality.

Hardy Geraniums grown in UK don't have a choice!

No - but I was replying to your question about cacti!

Ah I see - I think that bit got snipped. Or something!

No - it's still in there. But it is well buried!
--
Kay