Old 16-05-2009, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default urg FAQs

On 2009-05-16 15:55:03 +0100, K said:

David Rance writes

That's a little unfair. "Besieged" is a little bit of hyperbole and I'm
sure they didn't expect *instant* answers. And you don't know how many
people did consult those pages without bothering us. Come on, I thought
gardeners were optimistic people! :-)

Sorry, David, I didn't mean to belittle your work. And I did put a smiley!

But I do remember a time where we were getting question after question
that had already been covered, either in a FAQ, or in a still-running
thread, and no matter how politely you tried to point this out, there
was a fair chance someone else would pop up and accuse you of being
unfriendly to newbies.

I would suggest that urg is in a much better place now (if I can
borrow a Paris Hilton-ism) and that unkind or brusque treatment of
newbies is far less likely to happen now. ;-)

But as a FAQ writer myself, I do think they are a valuable resource,
and not just for newbies - well worth keeping them available for
reference.

Totally agree.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com