Old 16-05-2009, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default urg FAQs

On Sat, 16 May 2009 K wrote:
David Rance writes

That's a little unfair. "Besieged" is a little bit of hyperbole and
I'm sure they didn't expect *instant* answers. And you don't know how
many people did consult those pages without bothering us. Come on, I
thought gardeners were optimistic people! :-)

Sorry, David, I didn't mean to belittle your work. And I did put a
smiley!

No, I know. :-)

But I do remember a time where we were getting question after question
that had already been covered, either in a FAQ, or in a still-running
thread, and no matter how politely you tried to point this out, there
was a fair chance someone else would pop up and accuse you of being
unfriendly to newbies.

Ah well, there is always someone who is going to criticise us, however
kindly we try to be.

But as a FAQ writer myself, I do think they are a valuable resource,
and not just for newbies - well worth keeping them available for
reference.

Yes, they are. I wish there were some easier way of making these
messages more permanent. Not the trollish messages but the really
helpful ones.

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk