Old 14-04-2003, 07:20 PM
SugarChile

Default snails

Try Sluggo, or Escargo. They are made from iron phosphate, are harmless to
people and pets, and biodegrade. For reasons unclear to me, my local garden
centers are reluctant to carry these products, but I've ordered Sluggo
successfully from:
http://www.pestproducts.com/sluggo.htm
No affiliation, yadda yadda. I believe Garden's Alive carries the
Escargo. The product seems a bit expensive, but it works very well, and a
little goes a long way. You can do the beer saucer/handpicking thing until
you can obtain some.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA
"Norma Briggs" wrote in message
I have a horrible snail problem, they munched up all the leaves on several
marigolds over night...all that is left is the stems. I read that you can
put out a bowl of beer as bait. Does this work? Drives me nuts to do this
much work to have snails eat my goods after so much work nurturing from
seeds.

I am trying not to use the Bug B Gone, or other toxic stuff in my yard or it
would be an easy solution.

Other suggestions? I don't want them getting in to my tomatoes and basil, or
anything else for that matter.

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).