Old 16-05-2009, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default How much to pay for someone to mow my lawn?

--
..
wrote in message
In article ,
Martin wrote:
On Sat, 16 May 2009 14:38:00 +0100, hugh ] wrote:
In message , Gordon H
writes

Joking apart, I can remember when I attended an ICL programming course
in Windsor, back in the 70s, we were entitled to 1st Class train
travel, along with the brief cases and umbrellas.
Bloody hell. I went to Ealing on a System 4/70 engineering course in
1967 and we only got 2nd class. But then I was in manufacturing. You
were obviously sales.

I travelled by plane and underground to an IBM course near Lords
cricket ground in 1969.

You youngsters and your feather-bedding! I was given a list of the
instructions, a 3" roll of paper tape and told to work out what the
program was supposed to do and fix it to do it. Seriously.

It's quite mind-boggling, looking back on it :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

and how much does it cost for the computer to mow the lawn then?

Getting it back on thread of course

Mike