Old 16-05-2009, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default urg FAQs

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-05-16 17:38:26 +0100, David Rance
said:

On Sat, 16 May 2009 June Hughes wrote:

OTOH, I could do one on growing figs because someone here gave me
good advice about five years ago when I acquired a fig tree and I
have had a modicum of success with it but I don't think many people
would be interested in growing figs. In any case, there isn't a
great deal to say about them once the tree is established.

I would be interested. I have a fig tree which may or may not have
fruit - and I'd like to know what to do to get the best out of it. It
produces lots and lots of embryo figs but, often, few get to maturity.
David

I wonder if figs suffer from a seasonal 'drop' as apple trees do? Anyone know?

I haven't noticed it with my tree but it is only a few years old. My
neighbours' trees are next to the path and I never notice any fallen
fruit.
--
June Hughes