Old 17-05-2009, 04:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jeff[_14_] Jeff[_14_] is offline

Default wild blackberries or a cultivar

I have a stretch along my curb where I get a lot sun (Atlanta), the
soil is poor here but I could amend it. I'd like to put something in
there that doesn't look completely unkempt (to keep the city off my back).

I notice that some wild blacberries have set in, and I've mostly been
whacking these back, because they look unkempt. So...

If I leave the wild berries, can they be tamed. They seem to like to
spread horizontaly. Would I be better off with a commercial cultivar?

Jeff