Old 17-05-2009, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Why are seeds so reluctant to grow?

alan.holmes wrote:
I've planted peas, parsnips and climbing french beans but nothing ahs
appeared, why is that?

I'm getting concerned that nothing I plant will grow!(:-(

Alan

Parsnips are a pain. They will only germinate when the soil is warm
enough. I've hoed up my row as the few that rooted are lost amongst
weeds. I'm trying growing them in pots in a cold-frame now. The
germination rate is fast and good, so I'll soon need to plant them out
before the roots hit the bottom of the pots.

Peas should be up in a couple of weeks. Similarly French runner beans.

--
David in Normandy.